ads here

her husbands - part one

advertise here
The sun had begun its descent down west, and the evening was fast turning into night. Arewa’s heart skipped beats, and a strange cold overwhelmed her.
“You don’t seem alright. What is-”
She jerked up, shocking Segun, causing his words to run back into his throat.
“I-I-I’m fine. You’re back so-so early from work today. Is it well?”
Segun looked at his beautiful wife shaking his head. “You’re at it again, isn’t it? You’ve begun to fret yourself because of this issue of childlessness again. I have told you countless times that there’s nothing under the sun that doesn’t happen for a reason, it is just a year into our marriage, and the several tests and medical check-ups have shown that neither of us is barren”
He walked to her and wrapped her up in a warm embrace, stroking the hairs of her neck while assuring her that they’d do just fine with time.
“I prepared your favorite” she feigned a smile.
And then the clock struck six, and then seven, and soon it was bedtime. They had made love with a terrifying intensity that one thought it was the last, and they had slept afterwards.
And then came Femi, clad in a glowing gold robe as usual, the hairs of his long hair, a glistening back. His feline eyes were red with anger, and his fist blended with his eyes in a tight clench. A cold shiver ran down Arewa’s spine as she beheld the handsome devil.
“I cannot keep sharing you with this irritating bastard!!” He pointed at Segun, who was fast asleep.
“But Femi, I can’t leave Segun, he’s my-”
“You’re mine! No one else’s! I’ll kill this bastard, by me he shall die!!”
Arewa quivered like a rain-beaten hen in the cold. she stuttered, “I beg you, Femi, do not touch him, I-”
“For me you have birthed four children, and you can be rest assured that this thing would not have one by you.”
Just then, Segun swirled into consciousness. He seemed to have heard his wife conversing with someone or something.
“What was that?” his deep sleepy-base voice came low.

Arewa turned to her husband, a worried look on her face, “Go back to sleep, honey, it was just some sort of rambling in my sleep. I can’t even make out what I was saying” she stroked his beards in assurance.
Segun stared at her, the doubt on his face very vivid. He nodded, and shut his eyes.
“Just wait and see, bastard. My children have been longing to eat noodles. Your intestines would do just fine.”
For the fear if waking Segun up, Arewa stared at him with a silence that spoke volumes.
“You don’t want to speak, is that it? Alright then, I should leave now. You warm my bed tomorrow.”
And then, like a smoke ascending into the sky, he vanished.
His disappearance was followed by the soft sobs of Arewa. Her eyes spilled tears uncontrollably. Her lips trembled as she struggle to keep her sobs noiseless. She turned to look at her innocent husband as he slept. she bit her lips regretting the day she met that spiteful wench called Ronke. She closed her eyes, paving way for the opening of the eyes of her mind which peered into the beautiful City of Lagos, Victoria Island, four years ago.

Advertisement
BERIKAN KOMENTAR ()